People Operations Manager (HR Business Partner)
Shapeways is a platform that enables creators to make their products come to life. In 2007, we created 3D printing as a service and have now delivered 10 Million products to a growing community of over a million creators around the world. Our smart, engaged, fun team works with cutting-edge technologies every single day to help creators design, make and sell. We're bringing together passionate people to change the future and empower anyone to be a creator.
Why is the People Operations Manager important to us?
Every day, across three offices, our team of amazing people (or as we like to call them, Shapies) come to work at Shapeways and commit their talents, passions, time and energy to shape the future of an industry. In return for their dedication and hard work, we’re on a mission to create the best place to work.
In this full-range HR generalist position, you’ll play a critical role in building out our people operations function. The successful candidate will serve as a pro-active forward-thinking leader, responsible for identifying, developing and implementing key human resources initiatives. The role requires the ability to think big picture and inform the broader people strategy while also rolling up your sleeves to implement, execute, and get things done! You will split time between our HQ in Flatiron and our Long Island City manufacturing facility.
As the People Manager, you will:
Top-Notch Employee Experience
- Responsible for creating and managing the onboarding & offboarding employee experience from end to end
- Develops HR policies, procedures, and programs that help our employees navigate life at Shapeways, enable them to do their best work, and drive results
- Assists with developing and implementing initiatives targeted at improving employee engagement
- Uses feedback from exit interviews to help inform improvement strategies
Employee Performance and Development
- Partners with managers and leads to proactively identify and address employee relations matters (e.g. general employee concerns, performance issues, behavioral issues, attendance, conflict resolution, etc.)
- Manage, develop, evolve the performance review and goal setting cycle
- Creation and deployment of learning and development programs
- Create and manage performance management and disciplinary tools
Cultural Savant and Steward of the Team
- Generates new ideas to create a welcoming, vibrant, personal, and high-performing work environment
- Partners with VP of People and Director of Talent Acquisition to develop, evolve, and showcase our employment brand
- Partners with the rest of the people team on culture events and office management including our holiday parties, themed happy hours, catered lunches, stocked kitchen, office supplies, and Shapeways employee swag, etc for HQ and our LIC manufacturing facility
Compensation & Rewards
- Assists VP of People with developing, maintaining and innovating on the company’s compensation structure including job matching, benchmarking roles, participating in annual salary surveys, incentive plan design, and staying abreast of industry/marketplace compensation trends.
- Assists with the creation and management of employee rewards and recognition programs
Payroll & Benefits
- Oversees the payroll & benefits program for our corporate and manufacturing employees in the US
- Works with the People Operations Associate to assist with payroll, if and when needed
You might be a good fit if (you have/are):
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business or human-resources related field
- Driven, self-starter with 5+ years of direct HR experience in a fast-paced environment
- HR programs and/or generalist experience
- Experience in project management
- You love teaching yourself new things and have an active interest in startups and technologies
- Customer-focused and interpersonally savvy
- Experience in a high volume manufacturing, retail, and/or sales environment
- Ability to shift from performing the strategic to doing the tactical task necessary to get the job done
- The ability to effectively prioritize, juggle multiple time-sensitive projects and maximize time
- Team player who is willing to get “hands dirty” and wear different “hats”
- An effective balance of taking initiative & working independently and collaborating with other key stakeholders
- Experience working with HR tools such as ADP, Reflektive, Confluence, CultureAmp a plus
Why join our team?
At Shapeways we all contribute to a respectful work environment where we share ideas and encourage each other to think creatively. We are a collaborative, diverse and dynamic group of individuals ready to embark on our next chapter of growth. We put creators first. We are adaptable and resourceful. We focus on results and are all in. We are committed.
Do you want to be part of a culture that is inclusive, inspiring, and allows you the autonomy to be creative in your work? If so, we invite you to join us on our adventure!
Benefits and perks include:
- Comprehensive Health Package - We offer great medical, dental, and vision plan options that provide coverage to the employee. We pay 100% of your medical coverage for the Core Medical Plan. We also have competitive pricing plans for dental and vision!
- 401(k) with Safe Harbor Employer Contribution - Join the team and we will invest in your future.
- Parental Leave - Robust paid time off for new parents; both primary and secondary leave.
- Generous Paid Time Off - 20 PTO days plus 5 sick days. Whether it’s traveling the world, taking a mental health day, or going to the dentist... because Life. Also, this year we piloted Summer Friday’s!
- Health & Wellness - We care about your wellbeing. From Commuter Benefits to FSA’s to Fond.co to standing desks to a pilot program with One Medical...we’ve got you covered!
- Great Snacks and Free Lunch - Fully stocked fridge, and fancy coffee. Also, daily catered lunch at our Long Island City and weekly catered lunch in our Manhattan office.
- Regular Happy Hours - Cheers to themed happy hours! Enjoy extra time for getting to know your teammates.
- Credit towards 3D Printing - Every employee receives $100 of Shapeways credit each quarter to make or buy.